Instagram is one of the most sought-after social media platforms in the 21st century. Its users are increasing day by day because the app keeps on upgrading itself and introducing new features to give tough competition to its competitors.
Recently, Instagram introduced a new feature that has taken the world by storm. It is called the Vanish mode. Now you might think what is Vanish Mode on Instagram and how is it useful? Well, to answer in a simple form, not all chats and messages are meant to be kept as a memoir. Some chats are better off read once and then become a bygone, this is when you don’t want to continue a conversation and are not interested in continuing the chat. This is precisely when you can use the vanish mode.
2- Minute Quick Facts of Vanish Mode
- The newly introduced feature on Instagram enables you to have temporary chat which is then automatically erased whenever the chat ends.
- To enable Vanish Mode, you need to swipe up from the bottom of a chat window.
- This mode only works in the case of one-on-one messages. However, it does not work for the chats having more than two people.
- If a screenshot is taken in Vanish Mode, then the other person gets notified immediately.
What is Vanish Mode on Instagram?
The vanish mode on Instagram is not a new technology and is similar to what we already have on Facebook messenger, Snapchat, and WhatsApp. Since Instagram is also owned by Meta – the parent company of Facebook, therefore, this technology was bound to make an appearance on the Instagram platform as well.
The vanish mode basically allows you to separate your private conversation from public conversations while being on the same network.
The vanish mode is turned off on Instagram by default but you can always switch it on yourself so that you can enable the technology of the disappearing message on your account. Once the vanish mode is activated, the messages in that particular chat will disappear for everyone who is part of that chat once all the members have seen them.
Let’s have a look at some more important aspects of vanish mode on Instagram and how does it work:
The vanish mode can be used in one-on-one chats only. You cannot use it in group chats or with chats where more than two people are involved.
- Vanish mode can be activated in those chat boxes only where not the members follow each other on Instagram. This actually protects Instagram users from getting unsolicited and unwanted messages from strangers.
- Whenever a user will activate vanish mode on a particular chat, the other person has a right to either accept it or deny it. This way, the chat can become private or stays public with the consent of both the participants of the chat.
- The messages which are sent under the vanish mode and still be reported to the Instagram authorities even if they have vanished and are no longer visible to the participants.
- One of the participants of the chat under vanish mode can always report the chat and block the other user if he/she is not feeling safe, even if the entire conversation has vanished and it occurred under the vanish mode.
Why is Vanish Mode becoming popular on Instagram?
If you are a person who is highly concerned about the privacy and safety of your data and messages, especially on different social media platforms such as Instagram, then vanish mode is a feature that has been developed for you!
There are a lot of reasons why vanish mode is significantly important on Instagram.
For instance, if you are worried that people can easily snoop into your phone or can go through your chats or Instagram activities, then vanish mode is for you – it will keep you at bay and at ease.
Even if a person is 100% sure that it is only him who can access his phone, still there must be some information that he needs to keep private and that could be Instagram chats. It can be anything casual even, like planning a birthday for a spouse or leaving a job, or going for an interview and discussing the confidential details with a friend. These are the information that a person wants to keep veiled and they must be kept hidden in case the phone gets hacked or stolen.
Another important aspect is that if you are a social media influencer or a public figure then there is going to be a lot of information that you would not want to reach through your chats. This is where the vanish mode makes an entry. You can always check out the latest trends and ideas and share them with your friends without the thought of getting them leaked in public before you can announce them.
How to use Vanish Mode?
As discussed above, the vanish mode feature is disabled by default and if you want to use it, you would have to activate it manually.
You need to remember that once you have turned on vanish mode on one of the chats that doesn’t mean that it has been turned on for all the other chats. You need to make the vanish mode turned on, on every chat that you want to keep private; manually.
One more important aspect is that you don’t have to start a new conversation or a chat in order to enable the vanish mode, you can turn the vanish mode on the existing chats on Instagram.
The way to turn on vanish mode on Android and iOS gadgets is the same.
How to turn on the Vanish Mode?
In order to turn on the vanish mode in Instagram, you have to follow the simple steps below:
- Open the app of Instagram on your mobile and go directly to the Instagram direct messages known as Instagram DMs and select the message icon which will be on the right corner of your screen at the top.
- Now, from the chat list, you need to select the conversation where you are looking to enable the vanish mode.
- Now once you have opened that particular chat, swipe up from down below and release your finger, this will turn on the vanish mode instantly.
- Now the chat will appear after a message appears on the screen You turned on vanish mode, in that particular chat threat.
When you turn on the vanish mode for the very first time, the theme color of Instagram will change to dark for you and will release a lot of slush emojis in order to signal you that now you will be using Instagram app in vanish mode.
The vanish mode is one of the latest features introduced by Instagram that gives an extra level of privacy to its users. If you are somebody who is always on his toes when it comes to keeping their chats and conversation private on different social media platforms, then vanish mode is for you. This feature will surely make your sensitive data secure and keep prying eyes away from your personal information.