Have you ever heard of contextual backlinks? It is a relatively old but relevant technique of clickable links or texts in the content of any website or web page. If someone uses these links effectively, they will get traffic to their website and the strategy of SEO linking will also improve. Let’s have a look at contextual backlinks in detail.
What are contextual backlinks?
The contextual backlinks can be both outbound and inbound which can be found within the text or paragraph of the article. They can also be within a press release, blog, or any other type of written content that is available online. However, it is necessary for the marketers and publishers that it needs to appear natural and relevant to the context.
This kind of linking can be done through external as well as internal sources, that is, the contextual backlinks can be linked with older web pages of your website or you can link externally to other websites to strengthen your context. These both have their own benefits and paybacks.
Benefits of contextual backlinks for SEO
There are so many benefits of contextual backlinks which can help the content writers as well as the search engine experts to derive a strategy that is worthy enough to get the desirable results in the end.
Here are some of the most common benefits of contextual backlinks:
- Ensure uniqueness of the page – Contextual backlinks help the content of the web page to be linked with the core part of the content so that the uniqueness of the page can be maximized.
- Development of Relevancy – These links help in the development of relevancy for both the pages that are linked and the one which has the contextual backlinks.
- Give concise information – This technique helps in dividing the information into small segments as it is impossible to deliver all the information on one single webpage. These linked pages can further be optimized with the help of primary keywords.
- Transfer optimal power – Contextual backlinks help in transferring optimal power to the page which has been linked from the linkings.
- Increase in Credibility – Linking from recognized and authoritative external resources helps in increasing the credibility of the context as well as of the webpage on the search engines. It means that the content written on the webpage is not trash and is research-based as well as has been linked with credible resources.
- Reduce Bounce Rates – Another benefit of contextual backlinks is that they result in lower rates of bounce. It becomes easy for the user to reach your website and navigate across it through the links which had already been added to the content. A user might not bother clicking into the links which are on different navigational opinions such as the menu, sidebars, or the footer.
- High rankings on the SERPs – Contextual backlinks result in high rankings on the SERPs. They give a different and wholesome reading experience to the user and that is what is highly acknowledged by Google.
How can I build them?
Unfortunately, there is no quick fix or an easy way out for building effective contextual backlinks. If you want to do it the right way, it might take time and effort for churning effective results.
Contextual link building is not that difficult, however, it might take time and is more resource-intensive. It involves internet searching of the websites that perfectly fit your content, creating appropriate links so that you might not get penalized by Google, and making strong connections with the content owners.
The above context determines how useful contextual backlinks are and the best thing about them is that they are beneficial for both search engine optimization and the user. If you want to attain heavy traffic on your website and want to generate revenue in return, you need to adopt the strategy of contextual backlinking. Try it now if you haven’t already and be amazed by the difference you will find on your website.
There will be more visitors and definitely an increase in the credibility of the content that you post on your website! You will love it absolutely!